I will be honest. I was craving so bad for some cheat food but felt too lazy to get up and make something usual. I was also afraid of the guilt attack that comes right after devouring deep-fried stuff.
I was bored. I opened my Instagram account and my eyes sparkled and I could sense my brain literally waking up to the banner that read “National Avocado Day”. Was there something like this before or was I simply being a cavewoman?
Well, whatever it might be, I had to something with the precious avocados and I had to do it tonight (July 31st) before midnight. My motivation – Celebrate the Avocados, Indulge in Fries and make an Instagram Post. 🙂 Pretty fair right?
So without much drama and delay, let me tell you these fries are AMAZING!!! They are super-duper easy to make, will not kill you with guilt for having fries and you won’t get tempted to run to a fast-food chain for onion rings or wedges doubting their ‘veganity’.
Let’s not break your patience anymore and get going with what we need to get this insanity right onto your plate. ❤
- 3-4 avocados
- 1/2 cup of flour ( I used the plain flour, you can choose any gluten-free version of flour)
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk
- 2 cups of Italian breadcrumbs or panko
- garlic powder
- red chili flakes
- Some oil to grease the baking sheets
- Preheat the oven to 420 F.
- Prepare your baking tray by covering it with a foil sheet or parchment paper and spray it with some cooking oil.
- Season the flour with the above spices.
- Slice the avocado into wedges.
- Take each slice of the avocado and coat it in the flour so as to cover it.
- Now gently dip each flour coated slice in the non-diary milk and drop in the plate of the breadcrumbs to coat it further. THIS IS THE MAJOR PROCESS
This will ask you for some patience but a firm and ripe avocado has probably cost you more!! 🙂
- Place each coated avocado slice onto the baking sheet. Spray some more oil on top and pop it into the oven for 15-18 mins.
Oh yes! that’s it. You’re all set to take your picture, and devour these crunchy, healthy avocado fries. I tried making these pretty late at night and it’s a shame that I didn’t have a vegan mayo or ranch in stock. But I sure did have ketchup and these did NOT last long.
I am definitely making this as a starter for the next party at our place. I can’t wait to see the reaction that follows.
Please try this recipe out if your an avocado buff and even if you’re not, its worth a shot. Trust me!♥