There are those many days in my life when I have a ‘cake calling’. But you know how hard it is to resist the temptation when the craving of sweet tooth attacks. 🙂
I honestly, resist eating too much cake. In fact, my sister and my sister-in-law both have taken up this job of repeatedly reminding me by saying “no cakes”. But what when the cake/cupcake is vegan, sort of comparatively very healthy, delicious, easy to make and has lots of chocolate? For the sake of my heart, I can’t deny it any further.
So looking up into my pantry, I decided to whip up a little something that would make my heart smile and fill my house with some much need aroma of a cake baking in the oven.
This is not my inventive recipe, but it’s the first time I tried this vegan one after resisting my urge over the thousands of non-vegan ones piled at the bakery section of the store.
To make these little cups of happiness you would be needing:
- 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cups of baking cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar, ( I used the brown sugar here)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of soy milk (in case you have run out of stock, use room temperature water. It works equally well.)
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts for the cupcake and some to sprinkle on top.
- Preheat your oven to 180 C or 350 F
- Sift all the dry ingredients together and mix the wet ingredients separately in a bowl.
- Keep the chocolate chips and the chopped walnuts aside for the time being.
- Now mix well together the dry and the wet ingredients of the cake to form a smooth consistency.
- Add the chocolate chips and part of the walnuts and give it a nice final mix. Remember not to over beat the batter.
- Grease your cupcake tin and dust them with flour. Sorry I dint have my paper liners however, I baked them right away. 🙂
- Now pour the batter into the tray filling 1/3 of each cup. They will rise to fill the remaining space. 🙂
- Once done..shower some chopped walnut bits on top and set the trays to bake for 15-20 mins, unless your toothpick /knife comes out neat and clean.
- Enjoy the aroma escaping out of your oven and see them rise. This is the best part prior to the tasting bit, for me. 🙂
- Patiently allow the cupcakes to cool for atleast 15 mins and you may loosen its sides with the help of a knife and quickly pop them out.
YAY! we are done. What about a cup of hot coffee and some nice chocolate chip walnut cupcakes to uplift the mood? ♥
Hope you enjoyed reading this one as much as the others so far. Would love to know how you found these walnut chocolate chip cupcakes. Happy Baking until then. 🙂