Yes, vegan Thai curries are my comfort food to-go and that mood-uplifting food to make. The combination of wonderfully blend Thai spices along with the rich creamy dense coconut milk works magic for me and all those of you who are die-hard fans of this cuisine would agree with me on this one.
On my transition route to being vegan, I am glad I found many easy-to-prepare vegan food alternatives that helped me on my journey so far. Not only have they got the right flavors but are fairly nutrient too. Thanks to the vegan awareness and it’s popularity, there are plenty of brands who sell vegan comfort foods and Gardein just happens to be one of my favorites. I pretty much like most of what they bring to the shelves and this meatless meatball stuff is simply great.
I have tried making traditional curries with these vegan meatballs and when I was loosing out on ideas, I was struck with the “Thai bolt”. How could have I even missed out on this!
Besides the flavors, this curry just gives me the freedom to add veggies of my own choice or those that are stocked up in my fridge or even the leftover bits of vegetables that can absolutely be put into good use.
And so for my version of this curry, here is the ingredient list:
- 1 packet of Gardein meatless meatballs
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 1/5 tbsp of Thai Paste (I used the green paste, you can choose any of your choices) 🙂
- Salt and sugar to taste
- 2 tsp of lime juice
- 1 cup of water
- and some cooking oil
For the veggies, I used some:
(Feel free to add/increase veggies of your choice. Adding some well-drained, sauteed tofu cubes are also great! )
- Snow peas
- sliced mushrooms
- sliced bell peppers (I used the green ones as I had it in stock. You can also add the yellow and the red ones to make it a bit brighter 🙂 )
- carrots chunks
- baby corn
- 1 diced onion
- Heat some oil and add the Thai curry paste of your choice into it.
- Stir it for a couple of seconds and gradually start by adding the diced onions first. Once the onions appear to be softened, add the other vegetables one by one and gently keep stirring it so that the paste is well combined with them.
- Remember to add the baby corns and the mushrooms at the very end to avoid overcooking them.
- Simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now to it, add a packet of the meatless meatballs, mix well with the veggies and the spices and add in 1 1/5 cup of the coconut milk mixed in a cup of water.
- Cover and cook for another 10-15 mins until all vegetables are cooked.
- Add some salt and sugar to season and finish it with some lime juice and freshly chopped cilantro. And you are all set to devour this healthy, sumptuous and flavourful vegan Thai curry.
Must be served and enjoyed with hot plain/jasmine/basil rice ♥